- Affiliated Organization: Shanghai Institutes for International Studies (SIIS)
- Fields: Arctic Studies, Central Asian Studies, Global Governance, Russian Studies
- Deputy Director of the Institute for Global Governance Studies and Senior Research Fellow (Professor) at Shanghai Institutes for International Studies
- Other Information:
Visiting at: Norwegian Polar Institute
Period: 1 month
Research Theme: Key Factors of Arctic Governance and its Staged Progression
Prof. Zhao Long is a senior fellow and deputy director of the Institute for Global Governance Studies at Shanghai Institutes for International Studies, Council Member of China National Association for International Studies.
He graduated from the Law Faculty at Lomonosov Moscow State University (MSU) of Russia and received a Bachelor's degree in Jurisprudence and M.A. in International Law. He also received his Ph.D. degree in Law from East China Normal University. Dr. ZHAO has published several academic papers on Global governance, International Law, Arctic issues, Russian and Central Asian studies in major academic journals, which are listed on the Chinese Social Sciences Citation Index (CSSCI), he has also published many articles in major newspapers such as People’s Daily, Guangming Daily, and Global Times. He is a leader of research projects supported by the National Social Science Foundation, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ministry of Natural Resources, and others.
He was a visiting scholar of the German Council on Foreign Relations (DGAP) in Berlin and the Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) in Washington D.C. From 2015 to 2016, Dr. ZHAO was on secondment to the Department of Treaty and Law at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of China.
- International Governance of Multidimensional Arctic, 2020
- Arctic Governance Paradigm (Chinese Edition), 2014