- Affiliated Organization: Shanghai Institutes for International Studies (SIIS)
- Fields: Arctic Issues, International System, Nordic Arctic Policies
- Deputy Director of Center for Marine and Polar Studies at Shanghai Institutes for International Studies (SIIS)
- Other Information:
Dr. ZHANG Pei is Deputy Director of Center for Marine and Polar Studies and Executive Director of Department of Research Management at Shanghai Institutes for International Studies (SIIS). He also served as Deputy Director of Center for Strategic Studies and Center for European Studies at SIIS. Dr. Zhang got his B.A from Henan University and received his M.A and PH.D from East China Normal University，Shanghai，China. His main research interests include international system, China’s foreign policy, European integration and Arctic issues. He has published many books such as: Asian Countries and the Arctic Future (co-editor); CPC and China’s Featured Diplomatic Theory and Practice (co-author); Grand System Toward Multi-Polar & Multi-Actor (co-author); and The Democratization in West Zone of Germany after World War II; and many papers including: Changes in the Arctic and China’s Participation in Arctic Governance; On the Norwegian Arctic Strategy and Policy; A Comparative Studies on Nordic Countries Arctic Strategies; The International View of CPC and China’s Diplomacy; Theories of International System and China’s Peaceful Development; China’s Peaceful Rise and East Asia Security Regime; and so on. He is the peer-reviewer of the Journal of Polar Studies. He also served as Deputy Editor-in-chief of Global Review. As a visiting scholar, He has been in Center for Strategic and International Studies in the US in 2016, and SWP (Stiftung Wissenschaft und Politik) in Germany in 2013 for 3 months each.
- Polar Silk Road: the Cooperation between China and Nordic Countries in the Arctic, in Lassi Heininen and Yang Jian eds: Sino-Nordic Arctic Cooperation: objectives and approaches, Current Affairs Press, 2019
- The International Arctic Social Science Association, in Yang Jian ed, Science Community and Global Governance: a case analysis on the Arctic affairs, Current Affairs Press, 2018
- Change in Arctic and China’s Participation in Arctic Governance, in Leiv Lunde, Yang Jian and Iselin Stensdal eds, Asian Countries and the Arctic future, World Scientific 2016